Sunday, January 22, 2017

Bruno

Where is your house Susan ? – Asked my daughter.
After the pond left turn and then on your left side there is a by-lane – second house from there . Replied Susan. Esther wondering which house is that – said – on left there is Bruno’s  house, so which one is yours ? Right next to Bruno’s house – came an excited answer from Susan . And then she asked Esther  - You know Bruno’s house ? Of course I know, we have been in this locality for last 5 yrs and everyday we say bye to Bruno while going to school  J


3 yrs back we went to army canteen at Trivandrum with my Dad , and just to ensure that we could use the canteen facility – I thought of checking with the officer in charge Col. David – When I saw the officer, I felt it was familiar face , after talking to him and he confirming that we can use the canteen facility I said very causally –  In our locality I have a seen a  very similar looking person at Bruno’s house . Pat came the reply – Yes Bruno is ours !
Mummy -  Bruno would have been more happy and active if he had children and family around – commented Esther few months back. Yea, probably I said – Bruno is very old , his children and family have moved on I guess – I told her. Few weeks after this incident - Ezekiel said , its been many days , we have not seen Bruno –  hmmm , I know Bruno is very old and weak , he cannot walk much , but he is there – I told him . 
3 weeks back I saw Bruno while coming back from my morning walk … he was sitting there close to gate … I gave my hand, he touched, I gave him a pat on his back a quick massage on his ears and neck and back , he liked it , he closed his eyes and gave a smile – I told my self – good boy , good old boy … somehow a feeling that I won’t be able to do this again .. I won’t be able to see him smile like this again …

Bruno – 14 year old Labrador , our friendly neighbor – first dog Ezekiel got close to and probably shed off his fears for big dogs …  every morning while going to school and coming back from school it was must for Ezekiel that he should see Bruno, who would be sitting near the gate watching people, and Ezekiel and me will call out Bruuuuunoooo  …  So almost 3 weeks of not seeing Bruno , Ezekiel asked – where is Bruno gone ? Has he changed his house  ..   .. Bruno is gone , maybe a new Bruno will come in this house …


No comments:

Post a Comment