Saturday, September 19, 2020

Owners Pride

I decided to quit Social media almost 2 years back
Someone who had got into it relatively late in life and after being very active for 5-6 yr deciding to quit was not something sudden.It was couple of months before the General Election in 2019 that I firmly decided to quit Facebook as in delete my account.I had deactivated my account couple of times for few months and decided that i will delete my account this time.The reason was seeing too much of Polarised opinion of people whom i thought i knew well, was painful and based on the kind of posts/ forwards people put on facebook and whatsapp i decided to unfriend people from my friends list.At any point of time i did not have more that 350 friends in any social media platform. which I feel is very few numbers taking into consideration that i have changed 3 schools and studied in 1 college for 5 yrs , and worked in more than 10 companies, moved around a lot within India and worked for a little while in couple of countries. I thought i knew atleast the basics of people in my friends list pretty well. But I was mistaken......

With information on your fingertips , one seems to know everything about other people and one also seems to know everything about what one believes. And anything one doesn't belive in, does not exist or is wrong. what ever one does is justifiable there is no absolute right or wrong - everything is circumstantial, everything is about - from which point of view you look at it. While growing up we were always reminded that we need to be "simple and humble", I cant say the same now. Today its all about how much you can show off and how much you can talk confidently. If you have it you flaunt it and there is nothing wrong in doing so, its afterall your own thing/money/beauty/skill.And then you have so many platforms to show it to the whole world , whats wrong in doing that ? So true ... but then why is it I still feel that its all wrong ... Is it jealousy, envy ? or is it disgust ? Recent example viral video was that of the Baby Gender announcement Party in Dubai ... Really ?



No comments:

Post a Comment