Monday, July 8, 2013

Thank You :)

Was looking for ‘Thank You’ Cards – To be precise ‘Thank You Doctor ‘ Cards and yes the obvious choice was ‘Archies’ they always had very good collection of cards for All/any occasion and situation - So I thought …. I went to the Archie's Pattom (Trivandrum) shop thinking exclusive Archie's hardly 1 year old , and a big shop will have what I am looking for … I went straight to the guy at the shop and asked him for ‘Thank You’ card section , he was little worried and said there are only few Thank you cards and showed me the section … I still hoped against all hopes that I might get the card am looking for … there were just 4 Thank you cards and all were very ‘Personal’ ones – Like ‘Thank you for being in my life’ sort … .. I then told him that am looking for a card which I can give to a Doctor – He was clueless – then I saw some cards for ‘Appreciation’ … disappointed I picked one of those … Came back home and told Anil about my experience at Archie's .. He then mentioned another shop, decided to check out the shop next day ..

Next day evening I went for my evening walk and checked out the small shop , again I went straight to the guy and asked for Thank you card , he smiled and said these days not many ask for it and we have very few, I told him I don’t want very personal Thank You cards – its for Doctor … He showed me the ‘Thank you ‘ card section , and I did not find anything relevant , He then started looking inside a Shelf and picked up 2 cards ‘Thank you Note for Doctors ‘ ! I was happy to see something relevant but it was Almost A4 size and we wanted to send the card by post :( The guy then said, ‘ I picked these from the old cards which were not sold … These days not many takers for Thank you cards’ … .. Deep down my heart I hope people have not stopped being Thankful for all the small help and support they get daily from others around…

It does not take much to say Thank you with a smile and these 2 words actually make others feel
good and they remember you for long … Sharing a small incident – my Father In Law underwent a Angioplasty last week, we went to the PRO of the hospital to get more details of the treatment and the facility at the hospital. PRO a Nun gave us the information and at the end we smiled at her and said ‘Thank you Sister’ – While we got up Ezekiel said “BaBye – Thanku’ to the her with a big smile :) Nun was pleasantly surprised (so was I ) . After few days while waiting outside at the hospital with Kids, the Nun happen to come that side and seeing Ezekiel she came smiling towards him and said ‘Hello Thanku boy – What is your name?‘ :) …. Two words , They go a long way, those two little words !

No comments:

Post a Comment