Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Bday wish for my children ….

It was Esther’s Bday couple of days back, we do not celebrate it big way, every year we at home cut a cake tell her how she came into our world this day in year 2004 and how happy we were to see her , and that we are thankful to god for giving us Esther … 
9 yrs have gone so fast and coming years will go faster – I see many people, talking about planning and saving for Children’s education and marriage , but frankly I could never think in those lines – Till now it has always been 1 day at a time . There is another set of parents who talk about their children to be around when they get old – no I have never thought about that also , infact if I live that long I don’t want my children to bother about me, but live their life –


The fact is I have made no plans for my children – I am trying not to have any long term expectations about their education, or their marriage or so called their future -does it sound rude and stupid ? But that’s the fact – When a Priest asked our children’s name and when he heard ‘Esther’ and ‘Ezekiel’ he was pleasantly surprised and happy, not many put these old Biblical names for their kids and both Esther and Ezekiel are important characters in bible. He commented God Bless , hope they will be as great as the Biblical characters – and I commented – ‘ I don’t have that high expectation , but I hope they will become good Human beings ‘

I hope my children will learn to be independent, will understand the concepts taught in textbooks
, will learn to respect people, religions, communities, will learn to respect nature, will learn to be good to their fellow mates , will learn to live their life, will know what they want from life – Am not going to push my children to be Topper in class , or be a champion, I am not going to take them around tuition/coaching centers, I can guide/help them whatever way I can – but after that they will have to do the things the best way they can … and I do believe    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”  All I hope is that they become good beings …..  So happy B’day to you Esther ….. May god bless you and guide you and me too ……

O God, give us strength to overcome our mind (ourselves)
before attempting to conquer others, conquer oneself

Let us cleanse our mind of discrimination (of persons)
Let us try to forgive the mistakes of friends
Let us discard falsehood and follow the path of truth

Whatever the difficulties in the path, we will continue to work
We will tread the path of righteousness with the blessings of Dharma

We will possess self confidence to fight evil


No comments:

Post a Comment