Sunday, September 29, 2013

Chahe mujhe koi Junglee kahey :)


I never thought Hair/Hairstyle of a person could say so much about the person, till Sandhya my friend expressed how she felt about having ‘curly,junglee,unkempt’ hair like mine J

I was always happy with my hair , infact I never thought much about them till a decade back when the problem of hair fall started and it still continues … I did have moderately long curly hair which I always tied up – rarely let my hair loose for I always felt that my ‘Chagri’ (Coir like) curly brownish hair will be too much of trouble for anybody standing behind me  J, and  I always felt more comfortable with my hair tied tight ! The problem of hair fall started when i was in my Final year of graduation , still I allowed my hair to grow next 4-5 years , 90% of the time all tied up , and once in a while leaving it loose, usually weekends when I didn’t have to go to office.But after 5 yrs I cut it short. As I said I did not have any complaints about my hair, a time when people were ‘curling’ hair (Ms Zinta effect Dil Chahta hai) and at the time when people started straightening their hair (which continues till now) I continued with my whatever hair I had, no styling, once in 6 months getting a quick trimming and once in blue moon getting it cut real short – like this time :D


Now coming back to what my friend felt about having curly hair like mine, (like another friend of mine nick named me Medusa !)   – though I don’t have much hair left on my head :)  she feels it symbolizes of being fearlessly independent , somebody who does not care about what people will think, someone who is fun loving and adventurous ! I heard this much and I thought‘ Oh my god’ does my hair reveal so much about me ! But I also realise this is the way God made me, and made all of us who are born with certain traits – no matter how much I try to tie my hair, or anyone tries to get the hair straightened or curled ( or for that matter go under knife or different sessions) to look perfect, but inside we would remain what we are – Once we accept that we can accept ourselves better, let it be your hair, or your skin colour, or your height, or anything you are born with, you are unique , and whatever you have is symbol or extension of what you are –So enjoy being ‘You’ and celebrate your life  :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you unknown :) , Sorry for the late reply . Glad that you enjoyed this piece .

    ReplyDelete