Monday, October 28, 2013

fireflies ....


Took  different route for evening walk, was nice feeling walking through the paddy fields, some portion of it freshly ploughed ....  saw flock of parrots (must be around 50 or more parrots) in the fields feasting and I saw one parrot caged in a house near to the fields…. I took another by lane kept on walking till I hit main road after may be 1.5 kms , realizing that it had started getting dark, I turned around and decided to take same route back , the road was in bad shape and street lights were not on …. I started walking fast , though I know the route pretty well … then I saw crowd in front of a house, and a wailing of a women , realized that someone in that house died , but just 15-20 mins everything was absolutely normal …. And I thought ‘ that’s all -- end of  life’ … by then it was pretty dark and still there were no street lights … and then I saw a twinkle in the field, then randomly one more and then I saw lot more – fireflies … after so many years I was seeing so many ‘jugnoos’ reminding me of my childhood days , running behind and catching the jugnoos , those small pleasures of life …..and if not for the darkness and no street light , I would not have observed them ….. and then again I thought … life, sometimes just a firefly is enough to give you hope ….  


You would not believe your eyes
If ten million fireflies
Lit up the world as I fell asleep
'Cause they'd fill the open air
And leave teardrops everywhere
You'd think me rude
But I would just stand and, stare
I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth, turns, slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay
Awake when I'm asleep,
'Cause everything is never as it seem

'Cause I'd get a thousand hugs
From ten thousand lightning bugs
As they tried to teach me how to dance ....

2 comments: