Monday, December 2, 2013

Doubter or believer ....

One of my friend said ‘If you have not observed , I am an Atheist ‘ , I was not surprised by this proclamation , we all like to be associated with some group, some school of thought, some religious/non religious group, some association , so he saying he belongs to  a group called Atheist is absolutely normal the way someone might say ‘I am a communist’ or  I ‘I am a Christian’ or  ‘ I am an Indian’.

He also mentioned that he was against  ‘organized religion ‘ which again is not surprising many of us feel same when we see people/organization of certain or any religion (you will find these people organization in almost every religion or school of thought) who are fanatics trying to cleanse/clear everyone around as if they are the purest of pure in their thoughts and deeds .. … And then I pondered – when somebody says that he is an atheist what exactly does it mean ? It means that person does not belong to any ‘Religion’ but there would be something he/she believes in?


Atheist – doubter , disbeliever – We all are doubters , some of us doubt our respective gods when we
face crisis, we doubt forecasts (any sort star/horoscope, weather, economical, financial), we doubt policies, we doubt theories, some of us doubt our own capabilities, some times we doubt love which we get  …. So …. Is Atheist any different from ‘Believer’ or Believer any different from Atheist? Why should anybody try to prove that being a believer or atheist is right or wrong  ? I am sure Atheist also have their own strong beliefs and reasons like other ‘believers’ ….

No comments:

Post a Comment