Sunday, August 7, 2016

Breastfeeding week - August 1-7

August 1-7 - It's World Breastfeeding Week - Many people ask why we need this. Answer - .Awareness , Education & Acceptance.

Please note that I am not being judgmental about Mothers who prefer formula, everyone has the freedom to make choice which suits them. 

My this post is only to show my support and agreement with the concept of breastfeeding child and not worrying about the place and people around you while you do this basic act of feeding baby.




I have been strong advocate of breastfeeding, even in public- I have been both judged and encouraged for my stands.My husband always supported me on this.Whenever in public space he ensured that I did not become too conscious and baby was comfortable while feeding at restaurants, church, while travelling in train,bus, plane, while visiting friends place or while taking a stroll. 

While many mothers feel carrying formula and water is convenient during travel , my take always has been breastfeeding is much more faster and convenient and hygienic 
Most of the time by the time mother gets ready with the formula milk the child would have lost patience ... My post is also for the people who get little uncomfortable seeing mother feeding in public place. Only request is please don't be judgmental, and please don't stare.
Smile and move on with whatever you were suppose to do at that point of time .

Sharing link of supporting husbands :)


No comments:

Post a Comment