Thursday, October 5, 2017

Cricket se lekar Kabaddi tak !





Last year during vacation we went to visit Anil’s childhood friend and family.
Both of them grew up together , studied in same school till 12th and even after that always kept in touch. Both the families have 2 children each. So during vacation children look forward to seeing each other, Anil’s friend’s children are more outgoing and hyper active. Elder one is 10 yr old and he is the most active kid, who loves to play and is always enthusiastic about sports. He (Josh) is up to date about all the ‘Leagues’ IPL, IBL, ISL he follows all those as per the season. So last year it was IPL and it was cricket all around. So kids gang started playing cricket , but 2 of them aged 5-6 were too young to bat or ball , so Josh wanted one of the adults to bowl. Apparently no one was much interested. Seeing Josh’s disappointed expression, I said I will bowl. He little surprised, asked ‘Aunty can you bowl ?’  Laughing , I said I was in my company’s cricket team !! That day I ended up playing with kids and could hardly spend time with Anil’s friend or his wife. But we all had lot of fun.  

In the next visit they all came to our place – and the question was what to play ? Since we don’t have cricket bat o ball, but we had a football size plastic ball – so it was football time. So it was girls versus boys. Josh and Ezekiel versus  Esther and Jeni. After 15-20 mins of play thre was no action happening, I asked what happened – Josh spoke up – Girls team is very weak, they are not able to football!’ Josh was back in action and what a wreck we created playing football , all drenched in sweat finally we had to call the game off J

In our next visit to Josh’s place we came to know that he was learning skipping and picking up pretty well. Josh wanted to show his skipping skills and children started playing, so the younger ones were out , Esther and Josh started skipping, after some time Esther was also tired, and Josh again was left alone with no one to play and was kind of irritated. So again it was my time to get into the game till Esther got back after rest. So Josh asked me if I can skip backward, and if I could walk while skipping and if I could do non stop 100 skips etc. It was fun doing all those things which once we used to do. We then played chess – and he would keep telling me – Aunty why are you taking so much time to play !! And I would say – Aunty is getting old and is slow in thinking :)

For Onam vacation when they returned visit to our place Josh mom told me  ‘You know what, Josh has been watching these Pro Kabbadi Leagues and was asking while coming– will Simmi Aunty play Kabaddi with us !’ Both of us laughed , and I told Josh,  'Yes Simmi Aunty will play Kabbadi ,but after spending some time with your mom :) 'As promised I played 'kabaddi kabaddi' wearing saree. What fun Josh’s mom and my MIL had watching us play Kabaddi – they went out of breath laughing, while we went out of breath playing Kabaddi ! So am waiting for our next visit to Josh – wondering which game would be next !!

No comments:

Post a Comment