Thursday, January 25, 2018

David Suchet



It’s very recently that I became a great admirer of ‘David Suchet’ who is known for his role as ‘Poirot’. I always loved watching Poirot on Doordarshan during late 80’s. It’s very recently that I started reading Agatha Christies ‘Miss Marple’ and ‘Hercule Poirot’ series again, and coincidently happened to watch some of the old TV movies based on these books that I happened to get re-introduced to David Suchet – 'Poirot' whom I always thought was French (Which he is not). And then the curiosity to know more about him and what a talented and amazing person Suchet is! His language, his voice, his subject knowledge, his political, religious views, his genuine interest in knowing, understanding and learning about things – such a down to earth genuine person. Its only when I watched his theatre performances and his live Gospel readings did I realise what a fantastic artist he is and after watching his many interviews did I see what an amazing human being he is !

No comments:

Post a Comment